Tuesday, June 23, 2009

OURAY IV Part 3

  • I have had a few health issues that are causing me to be very cautious about what I eat. So I decide to skip dinner Saturday Night and just hang out with Bob and Janet. Now I have been to over 40 countries and have done some very interesting things. But tonight Bob and Janet have agreed to teach me a real new tradition....

 
Super Scrabble. Oh and there is truth to the fact that there is no mercy rule when it comes to playing with these two. As we finish up, the Hoons show back up and add comic relief. 

The rest of the evening is spent enjoying each others company and doing what we do best. Be silly

Sunday Morning gets here and a few of the crew have to set off back to the world. Phil is first out the door around 3am but he has to get back to California. 


The creek is running as I get up and the sun is above the Horizon. Another winner of a day awaits!

After breakfast the Jamie, Roy and Rock Star depart as well. It is sad to part but I also know that we are all better for the time together. 

What to do today? 

 
First up for me is to take a spin on Bill's Old Air Head. This type of moto is one that I am seriously thinking about getting somewhere down the line. It is a tractor, not super fast, but will go on the dirt and still do 300+ miles in a day. Best of all, it can be worked on in the garage. Worthy Steed

The bikes are going for Ophir Pass, but I elect to jump in the truck with Bob, Janet, Louise, and Bill and head up to Yankee Boy Basin. I want to shoot some photos today and just relax. 

 
The road is just outside of town but soon enough we start to see the results of the spring runoff and it is so green.

 
Lots of birds on the trail doing their thing.

 
Bob enjoying the majestic vistas

 
Don't buy that silly grumpy fascade folks. Killer is one happy guy. I just wish I could figure out why smile

 
Bill dancing between the waterfalls Most Worthy


I keep getting the feeling like I am being watched though. 

 
We make our way to the top of the road and look back down the valley. The view doesn't suck


Some lucky stiffs got to go skiing! Maybe for Ouray V

 
The road ahead is closed and we have to turn back down the hill

 
The mountain streams are ice cold but totally glorious to watch

 
Waterfall! 

 
I try and imagine what it would be like to have been here in 1909 instead of 2009. I am sure it would have been much more of an ordeal, but still as beautiful


I want to just take a nap in this meadow for a bit. We talk of coming back in August, when the wildflowers will be in full bloom


Heading back towards Ouray 

 
We head back into town to wait for the rest of the gang to get back from their ride.

No comments: